Conversation number 4 in #100leadershipchats was with a software developer turned people person, who also is the pastor of a church and the captain of a band!
We talked about:
- how good leadership can be like gardening but great leadership involves extreme accountability
- how good leaders do ongoing intense personal work - often learning an in-depth skill
- how vulnerability is easy to pay lip service to but is hard to square with the pressure of a leader to "lead"
- how the pressure to come up with the ideas and get it right is a significant block to helping teams work
- the importance of community so you're not doing this lonely work alone.
Loving these chats and the way they're allowing me to connect with an incredible bunch of people!